Why Japanese hot springs are good for your health? What kinds of hot springs exist?
Minerals dissolved in hot spring water can be absorbed into your body when you take a bath or drink the water.
The influence on your health will depend on the hot spring type and its unique water quality, but there are some health benefits common for all hot springs.
1. Warming effect. It stimulates metabolism, has a soothing effect on nervous system.
2. Water pressure effect. It depends on each hot spring water density/pressure and has an effect similar to massage.
3. Flotation effect. It helps to relax, to improve your emotional and physical state, to relieve fatigue.
4. Unity with the nature. You'll take a bath in pure mineral waters, heated naturally by volcanic activity, you'll relax in natural surroundings, watch the sky, forest or sea, listen to water sounds. Japanese hot springs
Health benefits of various hot springs
Hot springs were popular for many years and generations. Medical doctors in Japan started using hot springs for treatments in Edo period (1603-1868). It was noticed that different types of hot springs bring relief for people with different conditions:
Hot spring type
|Chloride||Aluminium Sulfide||Carbon Dioxide||Radium|
|Sulfur||Iron (Ferro-ginous)||Acidic||Sodium hydro-carbonate||
|Sensitivity to cold|
|Chronic gastrointestinal disorders|
|Chronic gynecological disorders|
- Drinking (please carefully follow drink quantity recommendations for each spring)
Hot spring contraindications
(Hot springs can have a negative effect on the following conditions)
Acute illnesses (particularly - with fever)
Severe kidney problems
Pregnancy (particularly - first and third trimesters)
Severe heart problems
If you have any uncompensated or severe medial condition, please consult a medical doctor or balneotherapy specialist before using hot spring.